What are gems?
Gems are Flight Rising’s premium currency. These are added to your account when a real money transaction has been completed, and the quantity you own is visible in your player information panel in the top right corner of the website.
What are gems used for?
Gems are used several ways around the Flight Rising website:
- To purchase exclusive items from our Gem Marketplace.
- To purchase a Flight or username change through your Account Settings.
- To purchase blueprint items needed to submit Custom Skins for creation.
How to get gems:
Gems can be acquired several ways. The primary way to get gems is to purchase them directly from Flight Rising.
Gems can also be earned via regular gameplay in the following ways:
- Gems can sometimes appear in the contents of chest or container items.
- Gems can sometimes be awarded when exalting a dragon.
- Gems can be used as payment in player-to-player Crossroads trades.
- Gems can be used as payment in player-to-player Auction House transactions.
- Gems can be sent to other players through the private message system.
- Gems are awarded for keeping your dragons’ collective energy level above 80% for three or more consecutive days.
- Gems are awarded when accounts you referred purchase gems.
- Gems can be a prize for winning Flight Rising contests.
(Section updated: March 23, 2022)
Gems can be purchased from Flight Rising with a Paypal account or with your credit card.
When you select the gem package you want to purchase, if you used Paypal you will then be taken from the Flight Rising website to Paypal’s website. Once there, you will complete the transaction, and will be redirected back to Flight Rising.
The purchase and billing of gems happens entirely through Paypal. When the transaction is completed, Paypal will send us a message that your account made a successful payment for gems and your gems will be credited to your account automatically.
If you use your credit card, you’ll complete your transaction on our website through our payment processor, Braintree. We do not store your credit card information on the Flight Rising website. Our Support team will never need your credit card information, please DO NOT send it to us in a Support ticket.
FOR OUR INTERNATIONAL PLAYERS:
Please be advised that our credit card processor, Braintree, has several fraud protections in place. International credit cards have a higher likelihood of tripping these protections and it’s possible a purchase using one of these cards could be blocked. If that happens, you will most likely have to use Paypal to purchase gems. If you are blocked from purchasing for this reason, please follow up with your bank to make sure they didn’t already deduct the funds from your bank account, because the purchase was never made. If this did happen, please check back with your bank within 24 to 48 hours to make sure they have recognized our automated void request and released the money back to your bank account.
(Section updated: March 23, 2022)
- Purchases made using your Paypal balance or credit card should go through instantly once the completed transaction is confirmed by Paypal or Braintree. However, this sometimes can take anywhere from a few moments to a few hours, depending on Paypal, Braintree, or your attached financial institution or payment method.
- If a purchase is made by eCheck, there may be a delay of up to several days as the check must clear before the gems can be delivered. (IMPORTANT: eChecks can appear as a charge twice in your statement, but it is important to know that you are NOT being charged twice; if the transaction numbers are the same, no double purchase has occurred.)